By submitting prayer requests to the Prayer Wall, you are giving consent for the church to post prayer requests. New Hope has the right to edit all information submitted to ensure the proper level of privacy is maintained and respond accordingly based on potential harm to oneself or others. *Please remember, this is a public website. Anyone in the world can see your request, including the people you might mention. Please use first names or initials in your request (no last names), and a healthy dose of discretion. *All fields below are required before submitting your request.
Praying for Gods protection, favor and miracle blessings upon Leland. Praying for a positive breakthrough in his life. Praying he knows he is loved and cared about and will contact and reconnect with his family and friends for support and encouragement. God is Able!
Received: April 6, 2021
John fell, Sunday, April 4th, at their apartment at Sunrise Retirement Center, and broke his hip. He is at Duke-Raleigh and will have surgery after he has been off blood thinners for required time, surgery probably Tuesday the doctors tell Barbara. Please pray for John for successful surgery and for Barbara during this time.
Received: April 6, 2021
Please pray I will find a full-time job soon and be able to sleep at night
Received: April 5, 2021
Everyone Who's Suffering.
May God bless you all during this horrible pandemic and stay and warm sheltered from the coronavirus storm and
Believe in our heavenly Father He'll deliver us all from evil and wash our hands every day keeping this horrible devil virus at bay and I'll help the elderly suffering today and I promised the Lord Jesus Christ I'll love and pray for everyone who's suffering from coronavirus every day. Peace and love
God bless you all, stay safe. Lord
Here my prayer Amen.
Received: April 4, 2021
Please join me praying for completion of an enormous financial transaction that has been dragging on for several years. I plan to use proceeds to support missions around the world. I am confident spiritual conflict is hindering completion. Pray for ruling in my favor and release of funds. Thank you!
Received: April 3, 2021
Please pray for our 20-year-old grandson, Chandler, who will be leaving on a mission trip on May 8 to Nepal. He will serve there for three months. Please pray for his safety and that he will be able to share the Good News of the Gospel to many in that country. He lives in Cumming, GA. and is a student at the University of North Georgia. Thank you.
Received: April 2, 2021
Please pray for my 65 yr old sister, Joy. she has a stage 3 inoperable malignant tumor on her pancreas. Also pray her appetite, nausea and hair loss will improve.
Received: April 1, 2021
Praise for God's continued blessings in my life. It worked out that I could move back home and still accept a promotion to a new position while continuing to work from home. I pray that I continue to be disciplined in my daily walk as I exercise patience as I continue to wait on God's perfect timing and direction in my life.
Received: April 1, 2021
My son Randy will be under hospice care at home and receiving treatments for pain and comfort. So far he's still doing okay, and we hope to do some "bucket list" items over the next few weeks. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We will keep you posted.
Received: April 1, 2021
I'm Jysel, a senior at Philippine Science HS Southern Mindanao. I am a Baptist, and I attend Bethel Baptist Church in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, Philippines. My college decisions will be coming sometime next week. I applied to Stanford, Princeton, Brown, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, and Duke. I pray for success in my college journey as a potential international student. I pray to matriculate at a university best fit for me. Glory be to God, thank you so much.
Received: March 31, 2021
New Hope prayers
- Pray that God would give us opportunities to love to love and care for the people around us.
- Pray that our church would reach out to our neighbors and share the love of Jesus in words and deeds.
- Pray for our youth, that they would engage with God during these teen years and set an example of faith in our church.
- Pray for our children, that they would grow as disciples of Jesus and set an example of faith in their homes and in our church.
- Pray for a spiritual season of Spring in the hearts of NHBC members; that they would experience new growth in the Lord.
- Pray that our church is full of saints who turn to God in prayer when they feel anxious. And that they would feel his peace.
“My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:2
- Pray for God to lead our pastors in the decisions of finances and facilities throughout 2021.
- Pray for our NHBC pastors…for protection, grace, guidance, wisdom, and unity as they lead the church.
- Pray for every pastor to be encouraged, empowered and filled with God’s love.
- Pray for unity in every local church: to be filled with the Spirit to focus on and follow Jesus daily.
- Pray for a peaceful, safe, and optimistic return for teachers and families.
- Pray for families that they will have grace and wisdom to help their kids through another transition.
- Pray for teachers to have hope, strength and positive attitudes vs. anxiety.
- Pray for older students, that they would not be overlooked, and for meaningful connections to happen.
- Pray for God’s wisdom upon every local city governments’ mayors, councils and staff.
- Pray for Community Safety: for wise & well-coordinated efforts among local police & other agencies.
- Pray for county, city, business and non-profit leaders to work collaboratively for greater fruitfulness.
- Pray for God to help businesses most impacted by the shutdown (restaurants, gyms, hotels, etc.).
- Pray for healthy and fast vaccine distribution so businesses can reopen.
- Pray for the local “workplace:” health, encouragement, good morale and healthy productivity.
“May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.” Psalm 20:1
“May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.” Psalm 20:5
- Pray for high school seniors to remain engaged in the arts, even as performances are canceled.
- Pray for God’s wisdom & provision over local theaters & galleries to engage new ways to perform this season.
- Pray for parents to discern truth and have wisdom to lead their kids in life and in the education system.
- Pray for God to strengthen marriages with joy, love, and good communication.
- Pray for families to engage in healthy activities, relationships and resources that strengthen them
- Pray for God’s healing hand & wisdom to be upon COVID-19 treatments and the administration of the vaccine.
- Pray for local medical leadership to remain healthy & hopeful, while embracing peace, wisdom & truth.
- Pray for health care providers to have solutions & endurance to bring healing to those suffering in addiction.
- Pray for HCPs to gently and wisely speak truth on medical issues that are in conflict with God’s design.
Police and Fire Departments
- Pray for the endurance, wisdom, peace and safety of those serving in our police and fire departments.
- Pray for First Responders to be “ambassadors of peace,” bringing peace to every situation.
- Pray for more first responders to be hired, and for those hired to be of noble character.
- Pray for God’s Spirit to draw the hearts of local media leaders to follow Jesus.
- Pray for God’s hand to be on local TV and radio stations to cultivate greater community understanding.
- Pray for wisdom & blessing on all local youth sports organizations: schools, kids sports, YMCA, Little League, etc.
- Pray for God’s guidance for high school/college athletic programs, as they decide how and when to compete.
“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.… Answer us when we call!” Psalm 20:7, 9b
Please pray for our homebound members and those members in nursing homes and assisted living centers. For a list of those members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mike & Ginger Greene – Honduras
Chaouki & Maha Boulos – Lebanon
Students Pursuing Ministry
Campbell Univ. Divinity School
– Justin L. & Taylor E.
Yale Divinity School – Victoria C.
Nicholas Vaughn – Nephew of Brian & Beth Lockamy
(NC Army National Guard)
Capt. Jesse Boyette – Nephew of Peggy Moulthrop
(US Air Force)
How do I pray?
It’s a natural question to ask, especially when you consider that prayer is the act of talking with God. So how should we pray? How ought we converse with the creator of the universe? Fortunately there are many ways you can approach prayer. Below are four different starting places to help you pray.
Practical prayer guides:
- Use an acrostic to help guide your prayer:
A —Acknowledge who God is. “God, I love You for Your (mercy, faithfulness, goodness, etc.).”
C —Confess your sin. “Father, forgive me for (my selfishness, my disobedience, my pride, etc.).”
T —Thank God for His blessings. “Thank You for (my family, my home, my church, this day, etc.).”
S —Submit your requests to God. “Father, (use my life, heal me, help me to find a job, etc.).”
- Use Jesus’ prayer as your example (Matthew 6:9-13):
- Acknowledge God’s holiness: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
- Acknowledge God’s purposes: your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Ask for God’s provision: Give us today our daily bread.
- Ask for God’s forgiveness: Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- Ask for God’s spiritual protection: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
- Use a psalm as your prayer.
- Write your own prayer in the style of psalms.