By submitting prayer requests to the Prayer Wall, you are giving consent for the church to post prayer requests. New Hope has the right to edit all information submitted to ensure the proper level of privacy is maintained and respond accordingly based on potential harm to oneself or others. *Please remember, this is a public website. Anyone in the world can see your request, including the people you might mention. Please use first names or initials in your request (no last names), and a healthy dose of discretion. *All fields below are required before submitting your request.
Prayers for healing for Becky Rairden. She broke both arms and is in rehab.
Received: July 9, 2021
Please pray for full time employment and sleep at night
Received: July 5, 2021
Please pray that God would heal me and help me in my daily work and chores. Pray that God would give me diligence and wisdom. Finally pray for God's peace over my life and that He would handle everything that worries me.
Received: June 30, 2021
Please pray for Carol Hudgins who has lung cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy.
Received: June 29, 2021
I feel hurt and alone
I have reached out for friends and been rejected
I feel like I fail at everything I do I try my best at jobs, maybe try too hard, and get fired
Pls pray for 1.) good friends, and 2.) a job I can do well at and succeed in (and pays enough for bills and to save for the future)
Also that God would heal my broken spirit
Received: June 28, 2021
Praise that our grandson, Chandler, returned home safely from his mission trip to The Maldives and Dubai. He and his team came home early due to their Visas being denied to enter Pakistan. We praise God for his protection and safety.
Received: June 25, 2021
If you would please pray for The LORD to help me I would greatly appreciate it. I've bee. Under severe attacks by the enemy and need The LORD to protect me, fight for me, and deliver me from the enemy and his agents. Please pray that the attacks against me stop and that The LORD brings the enemy, his agents and their schemes to nothing. Please also pray that The LORD provides for all of my spiritual and material needs. Thank you and God bless you.
Received: June 25, 2021
I'm asking for prayer against fear, anxiety, and worry in Jesus name.
Received: June 22, 2021
Please pray for Tammy, along with her daughters Jessie and Becky, and one of Becky's friends, Cassie. They are all leaving on June 28 to go to Honduras with Tammy's church group of 14 people that are going. They will return on July 5th. Her daughter, Jessie is a RN who lives in Wilmington and she will be on the medical team and the others will be building a house, I believe. This is a once in a lifetime trip for them for many reasons but to be able to go together as a family group is even more than amazing for them.
Please keep all 14 in your prayers as they travel in these uncertain times and prayers for all they will be helping while they are there. They are very excited and will covet any prayers for the group from everyone who feels led to do so.
Received: June 22, 2021
Join us in praying for our Eastern NC Mission Team (June 21-25).....
• Pray that the team would have confidence to share the Gospel.
• Pray for the hearts of the people to be open to hear the Gospel.
• Pray for the partnering workers that they would be encouraged and strengthened in the Gospel.
• Pray for Eastern NC and the surrounding areas to see a Spirit-driven revival toward salvation in God.
Received: June 22, 2021
New Hope prayers
- Pray that God would give us opportunities to love to love and care for the people around us.
- Pray that our church would reach out to our neighbors and share the love of Jesus in words and deeds.
- Pray for our youth, that they would engage with God during these teen years and set an example of faith in our church.
- Pray for our children, that they would grow as disciples of Jesus and set an example of faith in their homes and in our church.
- Pray for a spiritual season in the hearts of NHBC members; that they would experience new growth in the Lord.
- Pray that our church is full of saints who turn to God in prayer when they feel anxious. And that they would feel his peace.
“My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:2
- Pray for God to lead our pastors in the decisions of finances and facilities for the upcoming year.
- Pray for our NHBC pastors…for protection, grace, guidance, wisdom, and unity as they lead the church.
- Pray for every pastor to be encouraged, empowered and filled with God’s love.
- Pray for unity in every local church: to be filled with the Spirit to focus on and follow Jesus daily.
- Pray for a peaceful, safe, and optimistic return for teachers and families.
- Pray for families that they will have grace and wisdom to help their kids through another transition.
- Pray for teachers to have hope, strength and positive attitudes vs. anxiety.
- Pray for older students, that they would not be overlooked, and for meaningful connections to happen.
- Pray for God’s wisdom upon every local city governments’ mayors, councils and staff.
- Pray for Community Safety: for wise & well-coordinated efforts among local police & other agencies.
- Pray for county, city, business and non-profit leaders to work collaboratively for greater fruitfulness.
- Pray for God to help businesses most impacted by the pandemic (restaurants, gyms, hotels, etc.).
- Pray for the local “workplace:” health, encouragement, good morale and healthy productivity.
“May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.” Psalm 20:1
“May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.” Psalm 20:5
- Pray for parents to discern truth and have wisdom to lead their kids in life and in the education system.
- Pray for God to strengthen marriages with joy, love, and good communication.
- Pray for families to engage in healthy activities, relationships and resources that strengthen them
- Pray for God’s healing hand & wisdom to be upon COVID-19 treatments.
- Pray for local medical leadership to remain healthy & hopeful, while embracing peace, wisdom & truth.
- Pray for health care providers to have solutions & endurance to bring healing to those suffering in addiction.
- Pray for HCPs to gently and wisely speak truth on medical issues that are in conflict with God’s design.
Police and Fire Departments
- Pray for the endurance, wisdom, peace and safety of those serving in our police and fire departments.
- Pray for First Responders to be “ambassadors of peace,” bringing peace to every situation.
- Pray for more first responders to be hired, and for those hired to be of noble character.
“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.… Answer us when we call!” Psalm 20:7, 9b
Please pray for our homebound members and those members in nursing homes and assisted living centers. For a list of those members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mike & Ginger Greene – Honduras
Chaouki & Maha Boulos – Lebanon
Students Pursuing Ministry
Campbell Univ. Divinity School
– Justin L. & Taylor E.
Yale Divinity School – Victoria C.
Nicholas Vaughn – Nephew of Brian & Beth Lockamy
(NC Army National Guard)
Capt. Jesse Boyette – Nephew of Peggy Moulthrop
(US Air Force)
How do I pray?
It’s a natural question to ask, especially when you consider that prayer is the act of talking with God. So how should we pray? How ought we converse with the creator of the universe? Fortunately there are many ways you can approach prayer. Below are four different starting places to help you pray.
Practical prayer guides:
- Use an acrostic to help guide your prayer:
A —Acknowledge who God is. “God, I love You for Your (mercy, faithfulness, goodness, etc.).”
C —Confess your sin. “Father, forgive me for (my selfishness, my disobedience, my pride, etc.).”
T —Thank God for His blessings. “Thank You for (my family, my home, my church, this day, etc.).”
S —Submit your requests to God. “Father, (use my life, heal me, help me to find a job, etc.).”
- Use Jesus’ prayer as your example (Matthew 6:9-13):
- Acknowledge God’s holiness: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
- Acknowledge God’s purposes: your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Ask for God’s provision: Give us today our daily bread.
- Ask for God’s forgiveness: Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- Ask for God’s spiritual protection: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
- Use a psalm as your prayer.
- Write your own prayer in the style of psalms.