By submitting prayer requests to the Prayer Wall, you are giving consent for the church to post prayer requests. New Hope has the right to edit all information submitted to ensure the proper level of privacy is maintained and respond accordingly based on potential harm to oneself or others. *Please remember, this is a public website. Anyone in the world can see your request, including the people you might mention. Please use first names or initials in your request (no last names), and a healthy dose of discretion. *All fields below are required before submitting your request.
I'm asking for prayer against fear, anxiety, and worry in Jesus name.
Received: June 22, 2021
Please pray for Tammy, along with her daughters Jessie and Becky, and one of Becky's friends, Cassie. They are all leaving on June 28 to go to Honduras with Tammy's church group of 14 people that are going. They will return on July 5th. Her daughter, Jessie is a RN who lives in Wilmington and she will be on the medical team and the others will be building a house, I believe. This is a once in a lifetime trip for them for many reasons but to be able to go together as a family group is even more than amazing for them.
Please keep all 14 in your prayers as they travel in these uncertain times and prayers for all they will be helping while they are there. They are very excited and will covet any prayers for the group from everyone who feels led to do so.
Received: June 22, 2021
Join us in praying for our Eastern NC Mission Team (June 21-25).....
• Pray that the team would have confidence to share the Gospel.
• Pray for the hearts of the people to be open to hear the Gospel.
• Pray for the partnering workers that they would be encouraged and strengthened in the Gospel.
• Pray for Eastern NC and the surrounding areas to see a Spirit-driven revival toward salvation in God.
Received: June 22, 2021
Prayers for Fred & Edith McKaig and their health concerns.
Received: June 13, 2021
I am struggling, doing my best on a low wage job supporting my daughter and myself
I work hard and full time, though I seem to just make ends meet, nothing left over to save
A new challenge: the dog has what looks to be an infected leg
I don't have funds for vet bills
Pls pray for: God's financial provision for my family, and for quick and complete healing for the dog
Also for relief of anxiety
Thank you !
Received: June 12, 2021
I am so thankful for life in christ, pray for me in the fight against false doctrine who not confess Jesus blood in salvation but using own victims, pray for my eyes sight healing too bless, keijo, sweden
Received: June 12, 2021
Please pray for my church, Holy Family, that the new pastor & my boyfriend Gene are filled w the Holy Spirit accrd to Eph 3:18 & that BOTH men are convicted by the Holy Spirit accrdng to 1 Jo 5:16. Break every demonic stronghold in Gene. Heal our relationship& strengthen the love & bond between me & Gene so we can begin our prison ministry & fight for God together. Prvbs 16:3 the Lord tells me to tell Him of my plans & He will establish them. & ask God 2 forgive my mom of all the wrongs that she has done 2me & bless her since she still taught me how to worship God therefore I am able to find eternal life in Jesus name
Received: June 11, 2021
After a liver biopsy and PET scan, it has been determined that Lillian's cancer has also spread to the bone in addition to being in the liver and lung. Whether to have further treatment is to be determined. Pray for comfort for her, her son Van and the McGregor family.
Received: June 8, 2021
Our nephew Jaxxon just had scans done and has been deemed “cancer free”. His next steps at St. Jude in Memphis, TN include a bone marrow transplant and radiation. Hopefully he should be home in August!
Received: June 7, 2021
We ask for continued prayers for Doug N. for strength and patience during his ankle surgery recovery.
Received: June 7, 2021
New Hope prayers
- Pray that God would give us opportunities to love to love and care for the people around us.
- Pray that our church would reach out to our neighbors and share the love of Jesus in words and deeds.
- Pray for our youth, that they would engage with God during these teen years and set an example of faith in our church.
- Pray for our children, that they would grow as disciples of Jesus and set an example of faith in their homes and in our church.
- Pray for a spiritual season of Spring in the hearts of NHBC members; that they would experience new growth in the Lord.
- Pray that our church is full of saints who turn to God in prayer when they feel anxious. And that they would feel his peace.
“My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:2
- Pray for God to lead our pastors in the decisions of finances and facilities throughout 2021.
- Pray for our NHBC pastors…for protection, grace, guidance, wisdom, and unity as they lead the church.
- Pray for every pastor to be encouraged, empowered and filled with God’s love.
- Pray for unity in every local church: to be filled with the Spirit to focus on and follow Jesus daily.
- Pray for a peaceful, safe, and optimistic return for teachers and families.
- Pray for families that they will have grace and wisdom to help their kids through another transition.
- Pray for teachers to have hope, strength and positive attitudes vs. anxiety.
- Pray for older students, that they would not be overlooked, and for meaningful connections to happen.
- Pray for God’s wisdom upon every local city governments’ mayors, councils and staff.
- Pray for Community Safety: for wise & well-coordinated efforts among local police & other agencies.
- Pray for county, city, business and non-profit leaders to work collaboratively for greater fruitfulness.
- Pray for God to help businesses most impacted by the shutdown (restaurants, gyms, hotels, etc.).
- Pray for healthy and fast vaccine distribution so businesses can reopen.
- Pray for the local “workplace:” health, encouragement, good morale and healthy productivity.
“May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.” Psalm 20:1
“May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.” Psalm 20:5
- Pray for high school seniors to remain engaged in the arts, even as performances are canceled.
- Pray for God’s wisdom & provision over local theaters & galleries to engage new ways to perform this season.
- Pray for parents to discern truth and have wisdom to lead their kids in life and in the education system.
- Pray for God to strengthen marriages with joy, love, and good communication.
- Pray for families to engage in healthy activities, relationships and resources that strengthen them
- Pray for God’s healing hand & wisdom to be upon COVID-19 treatments and the administration of the vaccine.
- Pray for local medical leadership to remain healthy & hopeful, while embracing peace, wisdom & truth.
- Pray for health care providers to have solutions & endurance to bring healing to those suffering in addiction.
- Pray for HCPs to gently and wisely speak truth on medical issues that are in conflict with God’s design.
Police and Fire Departments
- Pray for the endurance, wisdom, peace and safety of those serving in our police and fire departments.
- Pray for First Responders to be “ambassadors of peace,” bringing peace to every situation.
- Pray for more first responders to be hired, and for those hired to be of noble character.
- Pray for God’s Spirit to draw the hearts of local media leaders to follow Jesus.
- Pray for God’s hand to be on local TV and radio stations to cultivate greater community understanding.
- Pray for wisdom & blessing on all local youth sports organizations: schools, kids sports, YMCA, Little League, etc.
- Pray for God’s guidance for high school/college athletic programs, as they decide how and when to compete.
“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.… Answer us when we call!” Psalm 20:7, 9b
Please pray for our homebound members and those members in nursing homes and assisted living centers. For a list of those members, please email email@example.com.
Mike & Ginger Greene – Honduras
Chaouki & Maha Boulos – Lebanon
Students Pursuing Ministry
Campbell Univ. Divinity School
– Justin L. & Taylor E.
Yale Divinity School – Victoria C.
Nicholas Vaughn – Nephew of Brian & Beth Lockamy
(NC Army National Guard)
Capt. Jesse Boyette – Nephew of Peggy Moulthrop
(US Air Force)
How do I pray?
It’s a natural question to ask, especially when you consider that prayer is the act of talking with God. So how should we pray? How ought we converse with the creator of the universe? Fortunately there are many ways you can approach prayer. Below are four different starting places to help you pray.
Practical prayer guides:
- Use an acrostic to help guide your prayer:
A —Acknowledge who God is. “God, I love You for Your (mercy, faithfulness, goodness, etc.).”
C —Confess your sin. “Father, forgive me for (my selfishness, my disobedience, my pride, etc.).”
T —Thank God for His blessings. “Thank You for (my family, my home, my church, this day, etc.).”
S —Submit your requests to God. “Father, (use my life, heal me, help me to find a job, etc.).”
- Use Jesus’ prayer as your example (Matthew 6:9-13):
- Acknowledge God’s holiness: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
- Acknowledge God’s purposes: your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Ask for God’s provision: Give us today our daily bread.
- Ask for God’s forgiveness: Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- Ask for God’s spiritual protection: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
- Use a psalm as your prayer.
- Write your own prayer in the style of psalms.